Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer 1/2 over!

I can't believe the summer is 1/2 over. Feels like it's just begining for me. I made it through June, yea! Girls Camp was great, we went to Helaman Hollow by Scofield which was nice and cool. I took Andee with me, and she was sooo good. At night we spent the night at my secretary's family cabin by Scofield so we slept comfortably and she was really good during the day. Everyone wanted to hold her, even on the last night when the stake pres. and bishops come up, our Stake president and his 1st counselor couldn't escape her charm and had to have a turn holding her. She was perfect for me. And then the next week was youth conference. We went down the Green River from Butler's wash to Swasey's Beach about 5 times. It was hot!! Andee went with us then also. Tony came with me and that helped. I was really worried about having her there in the heat the whole time, but on the first night our YM's President's parents (who live only 3 miles from our camping spot) came for dinner and desert, his stepmom suggested I let her watch Andee the next day while we went down the river. She was quite eager to babysit for me. So on Friday Tony watched her once before lunch then after we took her over to Sis. Nelsen's home. She watched her for about 5 hours while we ran the river twice. Sis. N. gave her a bath (which she needed), she had a nap, and played in the A/C home. So that was REALLY nice to get her out of the heat, she was such a good baby then also. Hardly ever cried or fussed. But as soon as we got home I think it all came out. We had a fun 4th of July. Our friends Josh and Amberlee came and spent the weekend with us. Tony and Josh took the boys to the driving range, then we all went swimming at the new and improved Helper pool, then we watched fireworks at the fairgrounds in Price, then we stayed up late watching our neighbors try and burn their house down with their fireworks. On Sat. Tony and Josh went golfing (suprise, suprise). Then we went to our other friends Val & Cristen for a BBQ. They left on Sunday after church. It was really good to see them. They also have a baby who it only 1 1/2 month older the Andee, but Andee is about twice as large as their Ali. It was cute to watch the babies interact when we'd lay them next to each other. I sure they'll be best friends.
Well, now for the sad news. I had to go out and find a job. It stinks, but it is what it is. We just weren't getting by, so I applied at Kmart and they offered me a job. They'll call me next week to start. I put down that I couldn't work before 5PM, except on Sat. So Tony can watch the kids when he gets home from work, and it shouldn't keep me from church either. With this sucky new job means I won't be able to come to Lake Powell, Tony might try and bring the kids for a few days, but he probably won't be able to come the full week either. Money is just a little to tight for us to be having Tony not working for a week. We're thinking he could take a day off, and he already has Friday's off so he could come down after work on Wed. of that week, if you guys are willing to come and pick him and Kendra and Bradley up at the dock.
Well i've gone on long enough. It's really early right now (Andee got me up at 5AM) she went back to sleep, so maybe i'll try getting some more sleep to. Love you all.

1 comment:

Kacie Powell Keele said...

That stinks that you won't be able to come to Lake Powell. What a bummer!