Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Scooter & All-Stars

Ok, so I have to amend what I said about the gas mileage of our scooter. We must have filled it up and not recorded the mileage and how much gas we put in. So, after running out of gas today and having to push the scooter about a block and a half down the sidewalk, I refigured the mileage. It got 69 mpg. So, while that is still much better than the 21 mpg the van gets, it's not 120. Sorry, I hope that none of you went out and bought one based on that. That said, I still love it. Any of you are welcome to come and test drive it. It is a blast to ride, unless it's raining (which it did today), that stings!

While I'm here I might as well brag about my totally AWESOME All-Star, Gavin. The team played a double header on Saturday. Gavin pitched the majority of the first game and pitched NO balls. Meaning that they were either perfect strikes or the batter swung at them. He had a great pitching game, not so great on the batting end. He struck out 3 times in a row and for each of those he didn't swing at the final strike. I don't think there is anything worse for a baseball player than to strike out because you didn't swing. (Okay, that wasn't bragging, I realize, but it makes the next part better.) They won that game by a landslide. I'm not going to get into the second game on Saturday because we lost by a landslide. But, we had a really great game last night. Gavin was the starting pitcher, he walked a few kids, but still did a great job. He had two great hits and scored 2 of our 4 runs. He played 2nd base for the second half of the game and made a really cool double play. He caught a line drive and immediately threw the ball to 3rd base for another out. I love it when he does cool stuff like that! I know that I am normally not a big (or even a little) sports fan, but watching your own kids play and succeed is totally different and I am kind of a crazy fan. 


4 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats on the all-star.

Jaime Lee said...

That is so cool about Gavin. We need to come watch him play. Is Ryker also playing baseball this summer (I know it's a silly Question)?

Kacie Powell Keele said...

Ryker had an awesome regular season, but for some reason he didn't make the All-Star team. He totally should have, but that's politics for you. Gavin would love to have any of you come to his games. He actually has a game this Wednesday 7/9 in Draper and then a game or games on Saturday. Email me if you want to know when and where.

Taylor said...

When and where is the game in Draper. I would love to bring Aubrey and Braden to it.