Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Okay, Taylor, I am officially posting on our blog. Although, I am kind of "technotarded", so the only way I can figure out how to post is to reply to your post. (Please help! I've been thinking about creating a blog for Trent & I, but could use some coaching.I think I figured it out, so don't read the comment to Taylor's "Crickets" because it is exactly the same as this.) Anyway, I thought that I would let you know some of what is going on with us. 

First of all, can I just say that life has been insanely hectic and so, to Kent and Samantha...Happy Birthday! I am feeling like such a jerk because I went to Costco and ran into Samantha and I think it was possibly the actual day of her birthday and I didn't remember. (I'm really sorry, Sam!) I have been even worse at birthdays than I usually am. So, I would like to take this opportunity to also tell Jaime Happy Birthday! I think you are officially the first person I have said that to on time this year (besides my own kids, of course).

I have started my second semester at SLCC. I did really well with my Biology and Math classes last semester. This time I am taking Human Anatomy and Chemistry. I am totally freaking out! Who knew there were so many different bones and parts of bones in the human skull? (Not me!) I have also been working at the Elementary and am looking forward (for once) to the end of the school year because then I can focus on my own classes and not looking after snot nosed kindergartners. They really are pretty cute kids, but I'm ready for a long break. Also still teaching piano lessons and busy with my Young Women calling.

Gavin is getting ready to "graduate" from the 6th grade. I am NOT old enough to have a kid in jr. high. He is getting pretty excited about it, though. He made it into the Quest program, which is a really cool program for gifted kids. It will be a lot of extra work, which kind of worries me. Hopefully he will enjoy it. 

Gavin and Ryker have been playing baseball like it's going out of style. They have had so many games over the last couple of months that we practically live at the ball field. Their snack bar is not good for the waist line! Their regular season play will finish up over the next 2 weeks, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't be finished. I'll try to keep you updated.

Saige is so ready for 2nd grade, I've got to find something to keep her busy this summer. She (and I) performed at our dance recital a couple of weeks ago. She did a great job. They danced to the Madonna song "Vogue". It was a lot of fun. They got to play the part of supermodels and got to have really crazy hair (not the usual "sides up, curly"). We will be getting a DVD in June. Taylor, is there a way to post her dance once I get it? 

Trent is busy at work as usual. He has been trying to get some bike rides in, but that's easier said than done with work, ball games, dance recitals, scouts, etc. 

We got new cell phone numbers. Trent's is (801)541-0423. Mine is (801)541-0416.

I think that just about covers it for us. Does that make you happy, Taylor? I really think this is a great way to keep in touch and we will try to check back often. We would love to hear what is going on with everyone else. And please forgive us for not wishing you all a Happy Birthday (past and future)! I will try to do better.

Last, but not least, Congratulations, Carrie! You are totally awesome!

May 28, 2008 8:50 PM

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I approve.

Taylor said...

Well Kacie, when it comes to forgetting birthdays, nothing beats what I did. After Aubrey was born we were looking to upgrade our little two door Nissan Sentra, and I called my dad on his birthday to ask him if he would co-sign on an auto loan. I didn't wish him happy birthday, in fact I didn't realize it was his birthday until after I hung up. I felt really bad. I'm still working on remembering birthdays.